Friday, February 5, 2010

Deferred...still waiting and praying.

I waited and waited to get a reply from Moody about my application…but then I couldn’t wait any longer. The letter, it turns out, was sent a few weeks ago, but the lovely mail in England makes it take a LOT longer than if it were mailed to the states. I don’t know what happened…but anyway, I called them today.

I’m not sure how I feel about the news. It’s not good, but it’s not bad; it’s not yes, and it’s not no…it’s deferred! That means I have a lot more waiting to go. I have to wait until April. Well, the most disappointing part is all the money, time, and stress I spent on getting that application in on time by going to Lancaster every week last semester. Whew! Oh well, the way I see it, this is God giving me a second chance. I think God has a plan for me to go to Moody, but lately I feel like He’s been saying to me, “Yes, you’ll go, but you need to put in your part. You need to make sure you’re focused on Me and not what will happen to your future.” Basically, I feel like God wants me to depend more on Him before He lets me know what my future will be for next year. I haven’t been very good about putting God first lately. Sure, I spend time with Him everyday, but it’s not quality time, the way that it could and should be. Here’s my second chance to get it right. In the meantime, if you could keep praying for me as my time at Capernwray is in its last stretch and as I wait for my next letter for Moody, that would be wonderfully appreciated. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment